Change in higher education is the new normal. While we have spent a lot of time on this blog discussion innovations within the academy, we also need to understand the macrotrends driving the nature of that change. That’s why USU sponsored the Economist Events Second Annual Higher Education Forum with puts these very trends under the microscope. For our members, there are discounted rates if you register by this Friday, October 9, using promotion code CUSU145 to save $145. Read on and see what you’ll learn.
will take place on October 22nd 2015 at The Apella in New York City. The conference will bring together experts to explore the global economic macrotrends shaping the higher education industry and identify market opportunities for institutions of higher education to stay competitive during seismic industry shifts..
Chaired by senior editors from The Economist, the Higher Education Forum is a full-day conference designed for a wide range of senior-level decision makers in the field of higher education, public policy, non-profits and private employers that have a vested interest in developing and accessing a skilled workforce for the foreseeable future.
“As demand for higher education continues to rise across the world, US universities must reinvent higher education in order to meet economic demands and remain a global education leader,” said Anne McElvoy, Higher Education Forum chairperson and senior editor for The Economist.
From big data to bootcamps and nanodegrees, the forum will address how institutions of higher education are adapting their models to think globally, act locally, delivering on the promise of economic mobility and emerging as industry leaders.
Featured topics include:
- Perspectives on the future of higher education and work
- Lessons from abroad
- Quantifying student outcomes
- The future of alternative credentialing
- Big data on campus
Some confirmed speakers include:
- Allen Blue, Vice president of product management and co-founder, LinkedIn
- Stan Litow, President, IBM Foundation
- Dale Stephens, Founder of UnCollege.org and author, “Hacking Your Education”
- Haiyan Wang, Managing partner, China India Institute
- Harry Patrinos, Manager, education, World Bank
- Mike Metzger, Chief executive, PayScale
- Robert Mendenhall, President and chief executive, Western Governors University
- Stephanie Bell-Rose, Senior managing director and head, TIAA-CREF Institute
- Thomas Leppert, Chief executive, Kaplan
Other sponsors include Arizona State University and 2U are platinum sponsors. American Councils for International Education, Association for the Study of Higher Education (ASHE), Cross-border Education Research Team (C-BERT), Council of Colleges of Arts & Sciences (CCAS) and Ellevate Network are supporting associations of the Higher Education Forum.
For more information on the program, speakers for the event, delegates can visit http://econ.st/1G3xBKy
To register, use promotion code CUSU145 to save $145 on standard registration at https://highereducationforum2015.eventbrite.com
Join the conversation and connect with attendees and speakers on Twitter via #HigherEdForum