USU, APLU and our Collaborating for Change Initiative, funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, are proud to release our newest report, Revolutionizing the Role of the University: Collaboration to Advance Innovation in Higher Education. This short but rich brief looks at what we are learning about making innovative change in higher education, drawn from the experiences of seven urban institutions: Florida International University, Fresno State University, Georgia State University, Portland State University, Temple University, University of Akron, and the University of Illinois, Chicago.
The change process is:
- Collaborative, both across campus and between campus and community
- Enbedded in the community
- Inclusive, addressing the needs of all students and stakeholders
- Accountable, with a reliance on evidence for decision-making, process transparency and clearly defined roles.
- Relentless in terms of institutional commitment and execution.
What do you think is crucial to advancing institutional change? Did we miss anything?