Below we have aggregated and organized campus communications to provide examples other universities can use.
NOTE: This is a draft for review.
USU Covid 19 Communications Page
- CSU, LA: Message Regarding Commencement and Campus Operations
- CU Denver: Spring Commencement (initial video announcement), Plans for Spring 2020 Commencement (follow up)
- SJSU: Spring 2020 Commencement Postponed
Campus Communication about Covid 19
- FIU: Communications regarding coronavirus (COVID19): Only hard copy available. Email Shari for an electronic copy. email@example.com
- FIU Video: President discusses FIU Strong, launched to help support the university, local community
- FIU Survey: How are we doing as communicators.
Covid 19 Cases in the University Community
- CSU, LA: Message Regarding Confirmed COVID-19 Case in Cal State LA Community
- FIU: Self-Quarantine Protocols Hard copy only. Please email Shari for an electronic firstname.lastname@example.org
- CU Denver: Positive Case of COVID-19 at CU Denver
Employees and Staff
Hiring Suspensions and Slowdowns
- UTSA: UTSA has implemented a hiring suspension for all non-mission critical staff.
- SJSU: Temporary Hiring Slowdown due to Covid 19
- GSU: New paid leave requirements.
- UTSA: Families First Corona Virus Response Act (FFCRA) provides paid emergency sick leave benefits to eligible employees
- SJSU: Temporary Paid Administrative Leave Update
Non-closure emergency leave
Refunds and Reductions
- FIU: Managing and Reporting Time. Hard copy only. Please email Shari for an electronic copy. email@example.com
- GSU: Update on online instruction, teleworking, campus services/operations, student employees.
- UTSA: Transitioning to a primarily remote telecommuting workforce.
Tenure Clock Stoppage
- FIU: Tenue Clock Adjustment. Hard copy only. Please email Shari for an electronic copy. firstname.lastname@example.org
- GSU: Information on Tenure Clock Stoppage and Copyright Issues.
- CU Denver: Tenure-Clock Stoppage
Grading and Teaching Remotely
- UTSA: OptionalCredit/No Credit (“pass/fail”) grading system for undergraduate and graduate courses for the Spring 2020 semester.
- CU Denver: Modified Grading Policy for Spring Semester
- CSUN: Alternatives for Spring 2020 Grading and Planning Ahead for Extended Virtual Instruction
- FIU: Memo on Proctoring Solutions, and follow up memo on Honorlock Proctoring Solution for Spring. Hard copy only, please email Shari for an electronic copy. email@example.com
- FIU video: Cybersecurity during a pandemic.
- CSU, LA: Message Regarding Alternative Instruction for May and Summer Sessions
- GSU: Continuing distance learning through summer.
- CU Denver: Summer 2020 Classes Go Remote
- CSU, LA: Message to Students from Vice President for Student Life Regarding Caring for Mental Health
- FIU Video: Mental Health at Home
- FIU: Ten tips to manage your mental health while social distancing.
- UTSA: Essential and critical research operations continue, and designated research facilities remain accessible.
- CU Denver, Operational Guidance on Research Activity
- UTSA: Conference USA has canceled all spring sport practices, competitions and championships. UTSA Athletics has also suspended all athletic-related team activities until further notice.
Messages to Employees
Access to Emergency Assistance
Off Campus Internet Access
Discrimination and Harrassment
Header Photo Credit: Istock RidoFranz